Deliberate Practice for Psychotherapists
Dr. Tony Rousmaniere, author of Deliberate Practice for Psychotherapists, believes that therapists have the ability to dramatically improve their clinical effectiveness. Improving, however, requires more than simply practicing psychotherapy; it requires effortful practice within a psychotherapy practice. This workshop will help clinicians engage in deliberate practice to improve clinical effectiveness across the career span, from beginning training for graduate students to continuing education for licensed clinicians.
At the end of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
1. Describe four processes in deliberate practice.
2. Describe a model for using deliberate practice for clinical training.
3. List three benefits of deliberate practice for clinical training.
4. Describe how deliberate practice is different than traditional clinical training.
5. List two methods for evaluating the effectiveness of deliberate practice.